The Regional Transportation Plan identifies transportation projects and priorities that help lay the foundations for a healthy, thriving and connected future for the Central Okanagan region. It also helps create sustainable and affordable transportation options.
The interconnected projects, programs, and policy recommendations work to:
- connect people and places across the region,
- prepare for future population growth and technology innovations,
- help people of all ages and abilities get around,
- reduce future greenhouse gas emissions, and
- help economic recovery post-pandemic.
The Regional Transportation Plan is a project of the Sustainable Transportation Partnership of the Central Okanagan (STPCO), a collaboration of the City of Kelowna, City of West Kelowna, District of Lake Country, District of Peachland, Westbank First Nation, and the Regional District of Central Okanagan. The STPCO is focused on environmentally responsible/sustainable transportation solutions that strengthen the economy and quality of life in the region.