The City frequently seeks input regarding: priorities for the community, land use planning, projects and initiatives.
Decisions made by local government are improved through open and transparent processes, and through the input of citizens and stakeholders. The key to a balanced process is ensuring City leaders and decision makers understand the perspectives, opinions, ideas and concerns of people potentially affected by decisions. Before decisions are made, public input is collected, where appropriate, and included along with other considerations such as financial, environmental and technical limitations, as well as longer term plans (e.g. Official Community Plan).
Depending on the nature of the project, our public engagement includes various means of community involvement:
- We inform by making timely information, updates and news available through a variety of channels
- We consult with key experts, consultants, effected community members or groups and key stakeholders to bring multiple views and opinions into the process
- We involve the public, experts, and special interest groups in planning, analysis and decision-making opportunities
- We collaborate with multi-disciplinary teams, external advisors, community members and others to work together on solutions
- We empower others to be involved or to lead or contribute to projects or initiatives
Get Involved, Kelowna!
Connect | Engage | Inspire
Tour the engagement site and register to receive news about the latest City-led projects. Find timely public input opportunities and help shape policy, projects and other initiatives in your community. Meet the people at the City of Kelowna who are listening to your feedback for each initiative.