How do I submit my feedback?
Your feedback can be submitted in different ways depending on the project. This platform allows us to have online discussion forums, quick polls, forms and surveys.
To participate for the first time:
- Select the "Create an account" button in the top right.
- Follow the simple prompts on the registration form.
- You will receive an email to validate your email address.
Why do I need to register to participate in a survey, leave a comment, etc.?
We ask that you register for a few reasons, most importantly:
- It allows us ensure information is accurate and make certain that responses are from residents, not spam.
- This means we can use your feedback to help shape City programs, parks, bylaws, and more.
- It allows us to follow up with you about your feedback, or let you know about project changes.
- It allows us to implement verification measures more consistently.
Can I use this site anonymously?
Yes, you can use this website anonymously. Even when you register and post comments, your anonymity is protected because you are identified by your chosen screen name.
What happens to my feedback?
Feedback is provided to the project manager to inform the development of projects, programs, plans or strategies. Online feedback is usually used in conjunction with other engagement activities.
Depending on the project, program, plan or strategy, you feedback may be compiled into a report and presented to Council. All feedback during the engagement process will be considered; however, this does not mean that every suggestion can be adopted as proposed.
Please note, all comments you make through Get Involved Kelowna will be public.
Who can I contact about Get Involved Kelowna?
Get Involved Kelowna is maintained by the City of Kelowna Communications department.
If you have specific concerns regarding a project, please contact the project manager. The contact details can be found in the "Who's listening" section of each project.
How are discussion forums moderated?
All public comments within discussion forums, guest books and questions and answers are moderated 24 hours a day 7 days a week, for inappropriate language, comments that disrespect other participants and for comments that are off topic.
All moderation is carried out by Bang the Table and all moderation is independent to the City of Kelowna. The moderators do not edit or alter any comments and will only remove comments deemed to be significantly off topic, offensive or malicious, in which case they are removed from the site immediately and the person who posted the comment is advised by email. Please refer to the moderation guidelines.
What operating systems and devices are supported by this site?
Get Involved is supported by Windows 7 and upwards and MacOS 10.6 and upwards.
Should you experience any difficulty submitting your survey please try the following:
- Check what browser you are using, by clicking this link (External Site) https://www.whatismybrowser.com/(External link)
- If you are on an older version of the browsers listed above, we highly recommend you upgrade to the latest. Not only will you have a better Get Involved experience, you'll have a much better (and safer!) general web experience, too.
- You can update your browser by clicking this link (External Site) http://browsehappy.com/(External link)
For more information on technical support, Technical Support | Get Involved Kelowna.
As local government, we are compliant with the Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act(External link), which helps promote good city governance by balancing the following principles:
- The public has the right to access government information.
- Whenever possible, information held by the City should be available to the public.
- Individuals have the right to have their personal information protected.
- The City should not improperly collect or disclose personal information.