Strategic Goals Feedback
Review the strategic goals below and tell us what you think. Provide ideas for action items in the Ideas tab.
1. Increase participation in sport & physical activity for all ages – promote sport participation for all citizens, increase the awareness and understanding of the benefits of physical activity through sport, and address barriers that may inhibit participation in sport.
2. Create quality, inclusive programs and services that are available at every stage of the CS4L continuum and the entire LTAD spectrum - create programs and supports that are evidence based, accessible to all including those with disabilities and that are consistent with the most up-to-date knowledge about health, wellness, physical activity and sport participation.
3. Strengthen interaction and collaboration between sport delivery agencies and allied partners - solidify existing relationships with our partners in sport and expand the number of those within or contributing to the sport community through the development of a collaboration framework.
4. Improve organizational capacity and sustainability of Local Sport Organizations - develop services that support the development and sustainability of Local Sport Organizations and adopt a planned and progressive method of strategically investing in sport.
5. Provide exceptional facilities for sport participation and performance initiatives - develop and maintain sport and recreation infrastructure that is consistent with the evolving needs of our sport partners.
6. Become recognized as the premier sport event destination in Western Canada – create a comprehensive sport tourism framework that facilitates event procurement and advances sport tourism initiatives
Collection for feedback has concluded. We thank you for your participation! Stay tuned for the Draft Community Sport Plan to go to Council later this year.