Raymer Avenue proposed approach
This two-way protected bike lane extends the Ethel Street ATC along the south side of Raymer, then turns south down the laneway running along the west side of the wastewater treatment facility.
For users, this means:
- The Casorso and Ethel ATCs will be linked via Raymer Avenue.
- A two-way protected bike lane along the south side of Raymer will be used by Casorso and Ethel ATC users travelling in both directions.
- For cyclists riding westbound along Raymer, the westbound bike lane will remain as is.
- Cyclists riding eastbound on Raymer will merge into the protected bike lane until Ethel and then to continue east they will transition into the existing bike lane.
- Provides separation between pedestrians, bicyclists and vehicles.
- Fits within the existing roadway and does not require widening toward the adjacent creek.
- On-street parking on the south side of Raymer between Ethel St. and the laneway will be removed due to insufficient road width.